THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.17.2008

The Day After

I am sore and tired but feel really great. I have to admit I was very worried about my hand yesterday, after the bike ride, but the stinging sharp pain is gone. Lesson learned: I need about a million layers of cushioning on the handlebars if I'm going to ride my bike for very long.

What was pleasing to me was the strength I still have in my legs. Running a half and then getting right on the bike to go find Lynne is not an everyday activity, but my legs did very well. I calculate I rode about 21 miles after running the half; 21 miles on the bike is equivalent to seven miles of running. So basically I ran 20 miles yesterday. I'm ignoring the twitching that is going on today.

Lynne did well. Overcoming a variety of negatives (wind, concrete, etc.) mid race, she picked it up at mile 18 and finished like a champ. She's such a machine!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter