THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.18.2011

This and That

What hosts say to guests at, say, a wedding reception: We're SO glad you made it!
What some guests said to me: We're so glad you MADE it!

###

Feeling self conscious in my wheelchair and worried my inadequate joystick control would hurt innocent bystanders, I entered the room (where the ceremony would take place) via the right hand aisle. Already emotional, Louise dug in the spurs when I heard the violinist; fresh tears and a shaky hand brought me to a stop as I narrowly avoided hitting the wall. It was several loonnngggg seconds before I trusted myself to roll on.

###

Becky and John danced to Louis Armstrong singing We Have All the Time in the World, from the James Bond movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Becky is the only person I know who has a cd of James Bond theme songs--she knows them by heart and belts them out with gusto. She was raised on a steady diet of 007 and her passion is genuine.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter