THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.05.2009

Deux choses

My diligence is being rewarded. Each night when I go to bed and each morning before I get out of bed I spend time doing my homework. This involves using gravity to stretch my arm up, and using gravity and my lower back to stretch my arm down. It's quite painful at first, but after about 10 minutes or so it's tolerable.

When I went to PT today Mike commented that he'd not been able to stretch my shoulder so well in a long time. I can't tell you how pleased I was to hear this.

So that was the first thing. Thing number two: when I got off the highway and was almost home, I decided to get some gas as I was close to empty. The station near my home is too expensive but is very convenient if you only need a couple of gallons. So I pulled in, but there were no other cars. The employee inside was an older woman who hasn't much more strength than I. Since I require a strong arm/hand to open my gas cap, I decided to wait until someone pulled in who could help me. Fortunately I didn't have to wait long. A couple of guys on their way from New York to Florida pulled in and gave me some assistance. Since I only got a couple of gallons it wasn't too terrible an inconvenience to them.

I'm yawning like a mad fool so it's time to get ready for bed. And homework.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter