THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.14.2009

Need a tissue

It hit without warning. Like a punch in the stomach.

I was cleaning out my gym bag and came upon a couple of feminine items I no longer need. I keep some in the event someone else might need them, so I was putting them away when I remembered the time a few years ago during a long run in Richmond. Lynne and I were training for the Richmond Marathon. We were in a residential area near the river and I realized I was "unprepared." Fortunately we met a woman who was doing some yard work and who happened to be able to help me out. We thanked her and off we went, still having many miles to go.

This memory flashed in my mind so quickly, and with it the recollection of how incredible that run was. I won't have that again. My favorite running buddy and friend, my favorite activity, my favorite part of that marathon course. It made me cry.

I'll get over it. There are new favorite things to do, new happy memories to create. I just have to stop crying first.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter