THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.21.2009

Oh those wonderful ALS patients

A few posts from today:

Fun things to do with your power wheelchair

I just discovered that running over bubble wrap with my power wheelchair is really fun. Even more entertaining when my cats jumped up in surprise.

Isn't that the greatest post ever? I liked this, too:

New trach!

I never thought I'd be so excited about a trach. I think I have the cadillac of all trachs now. It's a bivona tts, cuffed. I have a #9. It's actually comfortable. It's all latex or rubbery. I'm louder, not necessarily clearer. I don't gag or cough as much when it's moved or cleaned. It seems like I get more crap out when I'm suctioned. When I fill my cuff to eat, I don't cough and gag for five,minutes. I can breathe easier when off the vent than with the shiley.I wish I would have known this a year ago.

The Bivona is far superior to the Shiley.

I have a hard time reading that one but LOVE the enthusiasm of the poster.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter