THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


9.26.2009

Oh yeah

Cecilia is taking a practice SAT test. I've gone to the bank, and have had the most basic of manicures--no polish, just trim and file. Bonnie Raitt is slinking out of my iPod as I sit here at Panera waiting for the test to be over. It's the first time I've been here solo in over a year.

My little MacBook, which Cecilia can lift with her HAND, was so heavy I almost dropped it getting out of the car. Almost, but not quite. Thank goodness. Anyway, I deposited it and my over-large, over-heavy bag in one of the booths and went to the line to place my order.

One Everything Bagel, please, toasted, with cream cheese, and, oh, by the way, would you mind please spreading the cream cheese for me? Thank you, you're very kind. Oh, I have a muscle illness. Thank you, I hope it does get better.

A large coffee. Excuse me, I can't seem to be able to pour the (unbelievably heavy) half and half. I hate to impose, but, yes, thank you, that's perfect. Thank you again for your kindness.

If I was pity-party-prone today, these couple of episodes might have been the perfect prompt. But I am not PPP, I am pretty peachy. A pretty peachy peach. Who rose with the dawn, walked (never ran) 4.4 miles, and is quite content.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Mykljak said...

You are the queen of alliteration.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter