THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.02.2011

Miscellany

My feet are ultrasensitive, especially the right heel. If there is even the slightest threat of pressure, my heel goes all diva on me and readies the whole foot for a major tantrum. The toes and top of foot swell, turn red and radiate some pretty intense heat. Rather uncomfortable.

###

The only word that comes close to describing how my skin feels: sunburnt. Any time contact is made--when getting in and out of bed, getting dressed, doing range of motion exercise, anything at all--the nerve endings in the distressed region go apeshit. Most  disagreeable.

###

The past two mornings I've woken up in a world of hurt. It's as if my collarbone is loose, and any movement from my head or shoulders results in pain. Oddly, the pain disappears when I get up. I am a very delicate flower, an orchid in fact..

###

On a lighter note, I'm happy to report that, after more than a week of troublesome coughing/choking when drinking, I finally remembered the ol' chin tuck. It's amazing what difference a tiny tweak makes in successful sipping.

###

Last but not least, I'm eliminating some pills from my twice-daily cocktail: lithium and rilutek. They aren't doing much so they won't be missed.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter