THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.22.2009

My little blue friend

This is my newest favorite thing: my little exfoliating face pad. Isn't it adorable?


The reason I love this thing is because I can put my fingers inside and it creates the sensation of having all my fingers together;


as well, it gives me a small, very efficient tool to use when I wash my face. Washing my face, as I may have said before, has become unpleasant because my fingers are separated and the soap and water dribble through.

I'm going to buy another so I can be a two-fisted exfoliator.

My daily grooming has become a fairly unpleasant chore. Squeezing toothpaste, holding soap, washing my hair, and everything else -- it just takes so long and it's such an effort and I struggle so much. And yet, compared to where I might be, I'm still so functional. I can't imagine what it's going to be like later on. I don't want to think about it.

Whaa whaa whaa. What a bore I've become, my apologies. As I told Matt today (during our fabulous lunch!!) this is my attempt to chronicle all the little things I'm experiencing. Maybe there is another person out there who has been touched by stupid Louise and who is looking for this sort of record. I remember when I was newly diagnosed--I sought as much real-world, practical information as was to be found, and none of it was satisfactory. Maybe this will make a difference.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter