THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.28.2009

Paris (not Louise) on my mind

Here is a dream Hotel. So luxurious, so beautiful. A talented, musically-inclined coworker stayed here once, several years ago.

If I could, I would go to Paris for just one night, eat at my favorite restaurant
and stay here.

However, if I had the funds to afford such extravagance, I would act frugally. It's fun to dream, though, isn't it?
-----------------------
TodayIwassobusyIscarcelyhadtimetothink. It used to be I would not water my houseplants when I was busy, they would die and so cease to be a responsibility.

These days I don't listen to voicemails. If someone calls and leaves a message (on my mobile, not at work), I simply delete it, refusing to accept the burden of making a return call. People who know me well don't bother leaving messages. I will take this opportunity to apologize to anyone waiting for a return call but, since my readership is small and none of you would leave a voicemail, this is really only a gratuitous gesture designed to make me feel better. Haha, must be genetic (wink wink, bro)!

ANYWAY. I have been SOOOO busy I have often not had Louise at the forefront of my thoughts. My physical tasks have taken longer but I am quick to ask for help (much to the dismay of my officemates). I love being busy and necessary and active. I think my 5%ism is due in large part to my job.

As well, I think Mike-the-PT-Wonder (and the PT itself) is a huge contributor. He is supportive and encouraging, and he knows his stuff. I am ever grateful he didn't immediately dismiss me because of the ALS diagnosis.

Hmmm. Feeling pretty good, all things considered. The bar's been raised and I'm feeling up to it today. What's the saying....always reach beyond your grasp? Today I feel quite able and, even though there's a good possibility (translated likelihood) I won't make it all the way, at least I'm out there trying.

Love you all.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter