THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.26.2009

STILL in the 5%

I heard from a dear friend today; attached was the following. It always amazes me when I see--am reminded--how stupid Louise affects those around me. Thanks, MGD, for your friendship, support, and strength.
_________________________

Screw You Louise!

Her body's a slave to a cruel mean bitch
an ugly disease, and an evil witch.

You're the ugly girl that crashed the party.
The cruel fighting words with no "I'm sorry"

You're the runners legs tripping over the hidden root
the garden of Eden spoiled by the forbidden fruit.

You're the hand that shakes
the pants that won't zip

You're the endless hill
and the slave's cruel whip.

But I've got a secret...

You're the key that won't turn
the car that won't start.

You're the prom date stranded
and the sad broken heart.

You're the back that won't wash
and the hair that won't dry

You're a sad sad movie
and a never-ending cry.

You can make her carry you through all these years
Try to darken her days and highlight her fears

There is no comfort in your presence
nor truth in the phrase "I feel fine"

But I've got a secret....

Your power has limits
You're destined to be left behind.

You can try to take her body,
but not her spirit
or her mind.

You can get her in the corner
but no white towel will be thrown

Cause the secret I've got...
is she's not fighting on her own.

We can pick the runner up
We can modify the key

I was the prom date once
and take a look at me!

C Clair's got her back
and the sunlight dries her hair.

And the friendships that she has
a constant breath of fresh air.

There is a simple truth that is easy to see
cause it is more than blood that defines a family

We won't tap out, give up, give in
cause it's our beautiful Debbie that you chose to live in.

You're not welcome here
but its a cross that we'll bear

You can give us your best shot
and we know you don't fight fair.

If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get
cause we know our Debbie is in the five percent.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter