THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


4.01.2009

Meeting halfway?

I have a half-sister. We share the same father. Not a story for this forum, at least not yet. I mention it because I learned tonight that she had a sister (same mother, different father) who died of ALS.

I wasn't surprised to see her letter when I got home. I can't explain why, but I almost expected it. I called her, we chatted briefly for the first time in about 20 years, and that was that. Like I said, the back story isn't a subject to discuss now, but I decided tonight to reach back to her and see where it leads. All the original cast--our parents--are dead.

Who knows where this will go, if anywhere. But for some reason she has popped in--even if it's just for a moment--and it took a little bit of courage to do that.

I think it's a terrible coincidence about the ALS.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter