THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.31.2009

Randomness

I love olives. I can eat more than are good for me.

Happiness was delivered today in a package from Tar-jhay. Two pairs of cropped pants--one olive, one khaki--both with the Louise-friendly waistband. Sigh. My standards are so altered. But. They fit, and require little dexterity. I will positively BEAM while wearing them. Everyone will be blinded by my beaminess.

I discovered today that I must lean on my shoulder when I stretch my calves. Hands/arms don't do it anymore.

The on/off switch on the vacuum is too hard to push. Don't even bother asking why it took me this long to discover. No. Don't. I managed to make it work by holding the vacuum handle against my chest while I pushed the switch with a pen I held with both hands.

My teeth are an inferior third hand. But, inferior though they may be, I did succeed in using them to open the (not-so) easy open goat cheese.

I love Georgette Heyer. Introduced to her when I was 12 by Aunt Bette and Aunt Esther, I never tire of her witty, delightful, fluffy romances. I plan to take one on my trip and do some time traveling. The difficulty is: which one?

Speaking of books, this is the first one I read after my diagnosis. There is a passage within where the author talks about wishing she'd run more when she had the opportunity. I think of it often.

I think I've run on enough for one evening. Oh my, an inadvertent pun. Aren't I just the cleverest little blogger.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter