THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.10.2010

More dreamin'

 Last night I dreamt I was in the lobby of a big commercial office building. The floors were polished to a glossy sheen, the windows sparkled,  the wheelchair ramp -- which provided access to the elevators -- curved from the left side around to the right. There were quite a few people moving about; as I made my way I realized I was walking. Looking down at my feet I discovered my lower legs and feet had been replaced by aluminum poles and thick wedges made of gray rubber. The rubber was flexible enough to simulate a heel strike and toe push, and  each wedge was wide enough to provide stability. Amazed, I called to everyone to see how well I walked. A man standing nearby pointed to me and told his companion that I'd done a lot of marathons.

If only it were that easy.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter