THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.06.2010

Not a poppy, but pleasing to the eye nonetheless

 I received this Christmas cactus as a gift in 2004. From 2004 until 2007, it produced an occasional flower but nothing spectacular. From May 2007 until just a few weeks ago it did not produce a single flower. When I retired in May I brought it home and put it in the serenity room; I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't pay very much attention to it. You know, out of sight, out of mind.

 My little plant was watered but not regularly. Shortly after a recent watering I was  surprised and happy to see little buds all over. After three years of nothing, now this!

Is this the secret to successful Christmas cactusing? Heaven knows I've never had a green thumb.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter