THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


1.21.2011

This 'n that

Writing with the SmartNav is rather tedious but it's better than nothing. NRH called today to schedule my needs assessment; with luck I'll be using a speedier system before too long.

###

My left hand, envious of her slothful sister, is mimicking (extremely convincingly) almost all of her annoying attributes. It's surreal to be attached to hands that do NOTHING. Stupid Louise . I wonder what she's doing with my real hands...

###

Another example of how Louise-som I am these days: I cannot walk, not even the hand held little shuffle I managed only a month ago. Now  I bear my weight during transfers. Period. Added bonus: rubbery ankles when I get out of bed. Makes the first transfer of the day verrry exciting.

###

Let's see, what else can I share that will enchant my admirers? How about the way I lean to the right (physically, not politically), or how I "leak" ever so slightly from the right corner of my mouth? How my navy Crocs are worn with everything (I'll get something pointy-toed for the wedding)? Too much, you say? Hard to believe so many attractive characteristics are wrapped up in one phat* package? This is just the tip of the iceberg, darlin'.

###

*I first heard this word in 1970, when my friend, Theresa Youngblood, explained that, if a boy called you "phat" (versus "fat"), it was a good thing,a compliment. My 12-year old brain was at a loss trying to figure out how to tell the difference without asking the spelling. Fortunately, no boy ever called me anything, so I was spared. Is this little bon mot even used anymore?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter