THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


1.01.2010

Happy New Year

2010.

I wonder what this year will bring. And what it will take away.

My next clinic visit is in a week. It'll be two years since my first visit and, for all intents and purposes, I'm doing rather well. I could make a list of the things I can no longer do, but that would not be cheery and optimistic, so I'll keep mum. Let me just say I miss those things, those things that, when taken individually, are small and probably insignificant but which, when looked at in the aggregate, are substantial. And there is more--or is it less?--to come.

The year will start off with a nice walk in the cold with good buddy Lynne who, in spite of the fact that I can't run, is still in this race with me. Friends like her don't come along very often and I am mindful of this most precious gift.

Good heavens, look at the time. One needs one's beauty sleep, so one must say goodnight.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter