THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.19.2008

Polly

The ulnar digits (pinky and ring finger) and the ulnar muscle along my right forearm are really pissing me off. There's a lot of spasming and what feels like a rubber band snapping in the forearm. That can't be good.

Boy, what a gloomy ol' thing I've been lately. You'd think I was Thull.

I am sitting here at the office, at the job I love so much I can't believe I'm actually here. You know, except for the dumb ALS I have a really fabulous life. My family is healthy and happy; my friends are the best in the world; I have this great job with these great people; even though I'm not running marathons I am STILL running. I need to get the fuck over myself and enjoy every single day--each one is filled with gifts if one has the presence of mind to see them.

Pollyanna is sitting in this chair today.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter