THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.13.2008

Priorities

How can a government think it's more important to spend time and taxpayer dollars on a hearing with a baseball player about the baseball player's use of human growth hormone when there is a drop-in-the-bucket ALS registry act just waiting, waiting, waiting. One of the statistics I came upon shortly after my dx was that the number of ALS patients in the US was about 30,000--only half a stadium. Maybe if we numbered enough to fill a stadium things would be different.

Sigh.

So. I've had the worst bronchitis. At one point, during the 102 fever, thought I was going to skip the whole paralysis thing and go out because of the congestion. Fortunately the fever broke and I'm improving, but what a terrible time. Haven't been this sick since 1999 when I left the bank. My concern is that the Rilutek has compromised my lungs and if that's the case, I may discontinue. After all, it's only two extra months.

Priorities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To bad Senator Coburn was'nt asking the Yankee questions. Roger could reply very simply with, Ethics? Please Doctor, How about The ALS Registry Act you killed just before Christmas? What would Lou Gehrig have to say and compared to ALS, just how important is this HGH issue anyway?

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter