THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.27.2008

Yoga.

When Becky and Lynne went to the support group in Richmond in January they met a woman who has SLOW progression and who swears by her yoga. Hey, if it works for her, maybe it can work for me.

Oh yoga yoga yoga. The first couple sessions were so hard...I was trying too hard to do what everyone else did. My lack of flexibility and the difficulty I had supporting myself with my arms was very discouraging. I honestly didn't want to go back.

Tonight, however, was actually enjoyable. I let go of the feeling that I had to be just like everyone else. I did what I could, and it felt great. Jenny was with me, was her sweet, supportive self. What's funny is that as limited as I am, she's like a GUMBY! Flexible and lithe and lovely! We certainly balance each other.

On another note, Jenny took some pictures of my ol' claw. I am a little self conscious about posting them but do want some kind of record, just because.

Notice the depression between the thumb and forefinger, and the rebel pinky. Lovely!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter