THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.23.2008

Running and Breathing

It's been almost two weeks since I came down with bronchitis.  I'm still coughing and it's causing me to second guess myself where running is concerned.  

When I started taking the Rilutek I read one of the possible side effects was decreased lung function.  Whether that is the case or not, it's in my head and I can't shake it.  It adds to the second guessing.  I keep thinking my lungs were more susceptible to infection because of the medicine.  I haven't been this sick since 1999, and I was still smoking at that time.

I am still running.  I want to breathe efficiently while I'm running.  So, starting yesterday, no more Rilutek.  Maybe, after I've stopped running, I'll start taking it again.  But for now, no.  

 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You do whatever you feel is best, mama. I told you this on the phone too and I'll reiterate it tonight when I bring her highness over to supply you with plenty of cuteness. I'm glad you're feeling ok without the meds, and I want to know what the doctor said about the lithium. Lug mucho infinity plus one to whatever you say.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter