THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.20.2008

Carrots

Today was interesting. Met with a physical therapist because Dr Bayat had--in January!!--given me a prescription for a PT assessment for neck pain. My objective was to get some professional deep tissue massage in my neck, which ALWAYS bears any stress I am experiencing. I guess I've been under a little bit these last few months. Anyway, the therapist is going to work on the stress in the neck, as well as work with me on stretching exercises and some motion techniques. He suggested I get out of bed using a "log roll" technique, which doesn't put any stress on the neck or shoulders. Several of the other slow progressers I read about and correspond with use PT as part of their regimen, so I'll follow suit. Why not?

I also had a nice visit from my Jenny. I'd called her because I needed help cutting carrots. I like to munch on them as a quick snack but cutting them is too difficult for me. The right hand can't and if I try to do it with my left I am clumsy and awkward and run the risk of hurting myself. So my sweet daughter came over and cut a million carrots for me. While she did this I got to visit with The Puffe! The silly baby is out of the crate now but must still wear her little cone so she won't sully her still-healing little knees. When I am holding her and she looks up at me, it's like she's a little Bowl o' Stella! So sweet and cute and adorable--I'm crazy about her.

I must also comment that the last two mornings I have run; not great distances, but 3.5 and 4 miles. My running feels strong and I'm feeling fabulous. Today Dan and Kendall and I braved the fairly heavy rain to do 3.5. It was amazing. Note re: Dan. The fact that he went out with us, in the rain, doing something he hates, is very telling. He is committed and I admire him more and more.

Okay, back to work. Brought some home and must tackle it, so away I go. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Becky said...

A little bowl o' stella? Ohhh that must be so cute! :)

Love you momma.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter