THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.16.2008

This n That

I don't know if the splint helped, but the forearm isn't sore today. The nice thing about the splint is that it keeps the hand extended without overtaxing or over stretching. I haven't yet figured out the best position for the thumb strap--two nights in a row I woke up to a feeling that it was too tight and was cutting off the circulation. Last night I didn't affix the strap but my thumb didn't stay in its designated position. There must be a trick to it I've not yet mastered. Fortunately, Aaron-the-orthotics-guy left his card and offered to come by if necessary. I'll see what happens this weekend.

Dan and I ran this AM. I don't typically run on Fridays but there won't be much running this weekend since I'm volunteering at the Massanutten 100 Miler and the Marine Corps Historic Half. It was a pleasant, misty, cool morning and we did a nice, easy 4 miles. Dan's really good about coming out since he HATES to run. I'm sitting here now, breathing. I love breathing. More than running do I love breathing, and the running helps the breathing so I love it very much.

Having a Banana Man lunch today. Nice way to spend a Friday!

Good weekend to all.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter