THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.28.2008

PLM

I belong to a site called Patients Like Me. It's a great site, full of valuable info (like the post from mrclean), where PALS can record their progression and reach out to other patients like them. Like us. Like we? Whatever.

So I had a ping this morning from Silverage (my moniker is iamarunner). He saw I'd begun taking lithium and asked if I'd had any side effects or had noticed any improvement. First response: no side effects. The introduction of lithium into my system has been seamless. Second response: No improvement that I had noticed but I've only been taking it for a month.

But as I thought about it more, especially this evening while my right hand and fingers were twitching away, it occurred to me my LEFT arm seems to be twitching LESS. I'm not saying it's not twitching at all, because I still see it in the mirror, but the maddeningly crazy twitches have decreased to a point where I don't notice them--they've "softened," if that makes any sense.

Is that improvement?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter