THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


5.23.2008

The Gift That is This Day

Lovely day. Excellent PT session with Mike, who taught me a good and effective way to stretch the neck muscles that cause me so much distress. He also worked on the shoulder and some range of motion, particularly on the right. I am his first ALS patient (even though I have dismissed Louise, I still have some of her baggage). He was a bit hesitant at first, over the phone, but once we met his concerns disappeared.

Commencing a PT regimen is timely. I refer to this post from the Patients Like Me website, posted by mrclean (whose onset and dx are similar to mine). My lithium level at last check was .47 (getting another report next week); my Rilutek dosage is 100mg per day, and now the PT 2x week. I am hopeful all these combined will keep Louise at bay. (You should check out mrclean's profile--just click on his picture.)

(A note, just for the record. While walking in Target today, I stumbled over my left foot. It is nothing except my stupid size 11 foot and shoe being big and awkward, but (as I told a friend afterward) everything is magnified and I am hypervigilant in noticing things. Example: the hoarseness. My sister commented today she thought I sounded better. And I do. Why? Because it was likely pollen AND because, as I will continue to SHOUT TO THE WORLD, Louise has been kicked out.)

Matt, so benevolent, got pizza for the staff today and authorized an early release. It still took me a long time to get home, but at least I got here earlier! And the day is beautiful and it's quiet and I feel fabulous. Utterly, totally, incredibly fabulous.

I think I will take my fabulous self and my fabulous book out in the fabulous sun and do some fabulous relaxin'.

I hope you all know just how fabulous I think you are and how deeply I care for you.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter