THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.26.2008

365 Days


Please oh please oh please......

****************************

I had such an awful dream last night. I'd gone into a very sterile room and ordered a milkshake. The woman taking my order was wearing a lab coat, had short hair and glasses. She gave me my shake and I was in the act of putting it in my bag when the lid loosened. I saw that it was mint chocolate chip--which I don't care for. I said I wanted what I had ordered and this woman started raging and screaming at me. I don't remember what she was saying. She went to leave the room but, just before she left, she picked up a long, thin, razor sharp knife. Looking at me, she said "I'll be back for you."

When she was gone, I headed toward the door and tried to see if it was okay to get out. She walked past, stopped, and placed the tip of the knife on the left side of my abdomen. And pushed. Hard. I tried hard to scream, I kept searching for a sound. Finally I was able to make my voice loud enough to scream. Then I woke up. Creeped me out. It was 12:12AM.

****************************

Do you know what today is? One year ago today Dr Pulaski said "I think we are looking at ALS."

I can't believe it's already been a year. We've had a time of it, haven't we? I am grateful that I am progressing slowly. More than that, I am grateful for you and the strong love and support you have given me. You are my muscles.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter