THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.21.2008

Kendall

What a great morning for running: cold enough for a long sleeve technical but not so cold I had to resort to long pants. This is what I've been waiting for.

Kendall and I started on the Custis Trail side, as usual. This side is chock full of hills which I used to charge but which I now baby step. I was baby stepping, Kendall was ahead of me, and then I decided to walk for a moment. Kendall, graceful, strong, lithe and lovely Kendall, continued up the hill and turned up another, and all the while she made it look effortless. Her running has changed so much in the last 15 months. She didn't see the smile on my face as I watched her glide up those inclines.

Hills make you dig deep. They challenge you and try to mess with your head. It doesn't just take physical strength to make it up a hill, it takes determination and guts and courage. This is Kendall.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter