THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.20.2008

And again...

There is still a meltdown rumbling within my dear youngest child. I thought to myself this evening how it's been such a long week already, when I realized it's only Monday. I feel so frustrated.

Tonight's issue involves a yellow shirt, which she claimed last night she didn't need for School Colors day, but which tonight she insists she must have. Had to go to Target for some temporary blinds so I thought we'd look for a shirt, with the understanding that if there wasn't one, she still had Plan A (yellow and blue plaid blouse) to fall back on. The less able we were to find a yellow shirt, however, the less viable became Plan A. Screaming ensued, now quiet hangs over us, both of us unwilling (her) or afraid (me) to speak.

I have to laugh, though, about her suggestion that I buy a yellow towel and make it a shirt. Right.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter