THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.03.2008

Ideas?

Friday night, C Claire is at the rink, and I have been paying bills. I don't mind paying bills. What I do mind is opening envelopes.

I can't believe how hard it is to open envelopes. Even using a letter opener doesn't help much. Either I have to hold the opener in my right hand, or I hold the envelope in my right. My dumb hand just does not cooperate and the opener drops or the envelope slips away. More and more I hold the envelope in my lap, using the heel of my hand to hold the envelope firmly in place while my left hand awkwardly rips open the seal. And God forbid the enclosures are too tightly wedged in--then I have to use my teeth. The whole process wears me out.

Any and all suggestions for a less awkward or fatiguing workaround are welcome.

2 comments:

Wendy Leah said...

Have C Claire open them up the minute you get the mail and pull everything out - that way it's just done the minute you get the mail. Or... you could stick them in the microwave with a bowl of water and steam them open - think it will work?

KendallV said...

I think the real solution here is to stop paying bills. I mean, really. ;)

I'm meditating on a real solution. Will let you know when brilliance strikes.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter