THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


1.26.2009

Damn

I fell tonight. I don't think it was a true ALS fall, but it sure shook me up.

The stupid cat had jumped up on top of the birdcage. Actually, I was the stupid one because I left the door open, giving the cat access to the birdcage. Anyway, I was hurrying toward the cage and somehow managed to fall sideways. My back caught one of dresser drawer handles as I made my way down -- I have a big ugly scratch on my back, and my sweater is torn. I have another scratch on my left shoulder.

Since I can't reach back there, and Cecilia doesn't like to touch people -- even her mother -- I had to wake my neighbor and ask her if she could help me. Bless her heart, she came right over.

There will be one big, ugly bruise in a few days. I anticipate being very very sore and stiff tomorrow morning.

That will teach me to leave the door open.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter