THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


1.15.2009

Hello

Well, I'm taking steps concerning the contractors, but am leery about posting just in case the evil contractor gods are listening. I know they keep company with the weather and traffic gods, and it's best not to anger them.

I don't know if it's stress or a cold or what, but the left side of my neck hurts like hell. While I was driving home tonight, there was pain on both sides that felt like it came in waves. It didn't occur to me at first, but after a while I wondered if they were cramps. I used some of my PT tricks to see if the pain would abate -- but no luck. Later in the evening, as I lifted a glass with my left hand, I almost dropped the glass. I won't deny this worries me.

While I'm on the subject, let me update you on the right shoulder/arm. I know they say ALS doesn't hurt, but it does. I think I've said so before. Mike does his magic, but it's only temporary. If I move my arm too far in any direction beyond its now restricted range of motion, the pain is searing. The spasticity in the shoulder is worse. This worries me, too.

Last but not least, the legs. Every now and then they feel "off." I've mentioned this before, I know. It's like the quads have Jell-O in them. I don't like this.

All the above notwithstanding, things are fabulous. I'm looking forward to a weekend with no commitments. I hope to spend a substantial amount of time in the serenity room -- which is 97% finished. I see a glass or two of wine, a good book, my iPod, my little stove, and a nap in my weekend plans. :-)

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter