THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


1.20.2009

Marathons

I added the race video to the sidebar. What a day that was.

And what a day today was. Barack Obama was inaugurated today, our 44th president, the first African American president in our country's history. He took his oath on the Lincoln bible, not used since 1861.

I was moved like I haven't been ever before. The new First Lady looked stunning, the children were adorable.

There was an excitement and joy evident in the tens of thousands of people who braved the cold to be in DC.

We in the ALS community are hopeful that our new president will loosen some of the restrictions on stem cell research. I want so much for a cure to be discovered while I am still alive, while I am still able to live.

I don't hope to ever run another marathon--hanging on while we wait for a cure is marathon enough.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter