THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.10.2009

Odd It Eze

My odometer has three settings: trip A, trip B, and overall. Every single time I get gas, I reset trip A and trip B. Each morning when I leave home, I reset trip A; likewise, I reset trip A when I start for home. Generally speaking, I average about 52-53 miles per gallon on my 52 mile commute (each way). If I keep non-commuting driving to a minimum, I can go back and forth to work all week on one tank of gas and still have some to spare.

--------

There are certain landmarks I notice during each commute. From my driveway, I must drive 17 miles in order to see the Marine Corps Museum looming in front of me. The entrance to the HOV is at 20.6 miles. The exit for the Beltway is at 35 miles. At 47 miles I have reached the exit for the Memorial Bridge.

On the return trip I only notice the Marine Corps Museum, this time in the rearview mirror at 35 miles. I always smile when I confirm the math works and I realize I have only 17 miles to go to my driveway.

I know, I've totally lost it.

--------

Do you remember the song "Amy" by the Pure Prairie League? When I was out on the boat with Wendy and Mike on Saturday, this song came on the radio. I am 50 years old and didn't realize until Saturday that the title was "Amy." I can't even begin to tell you what I thought the title was, but I've had it wrong for decades. I can't believe I'm even admitting this.

--------

Cecilia and I are dealing with a situation at her school. A couple kids have been bullying her and, unfortunately, her attempt to repel an antagonist was perceived by a teacher as hitting. It wasn't but we have to go through a process in order to resolve this. Please send all your good energy Cecilia's way.

There's a lot more I could say, but prudence demands I keep my mouth shut. Suffice it to say I am outraged.

--------

Don't make my mom mad...it isn't pretty....

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter