THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.09.2009

No brains this time.

I broke down and bought a dress, even though it had a zipper. I will make sure to wear it only when Cecilia is available to help me! The geometric pattern helps to disguise the walrus within, and it is delightfully comfortable.

Saturday morning I girded my loins and got out to Pratt Park for a 4.5 mile run. Again, it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't horrible. As long as I can, I will

I went out on the boat with Wendy and Mike on Saturday we had such a wonderful time -- I can't remember a more enjoyable afternoon in a very long time. The weather was perfect and, except for the debris in the water leftover from all the rain, the river was lovely. All the debris forced us to move at a more moderate pace -- poor Mike was about ready to go crazy! As we made our way back he was able to open it up a little bit, but not for long.

As I sat on the boat and looked at my sister, I was overcome with a flood of affection; I looked at her profile, the profile I have known for the last 48 years, I saw how happy she was, I saw her pretty face, and I was happy to see her happy. I will carry the memory of that moment in my mind forever. I do so love my sister.

One not so pleasant aspect of that afternoon was when I tried to use the boat's bathroom. Those little tiny rooms are not designed for people who suffer limitations (and have walr-asses). The workaround was that Wendy closed the door (hatch?) up above which allowed me more freedom of movement as I was able to use the entire area below in complete privacy. More I will not describe.

Sunday I went over to Kenny and JR's for a lovely visit. During our conversations, I was struck again with a wave of affection. Their faces, so familiar and so comfortable, are faces I love. I actually interrupted them to tell them so. I think it's important -- not just for me, but for everyone -- to tell people what they mean to you.

When I got home, I immediately went to my serenity room. I can't believe how much I love this little square on the planet.

I have never been able to grow and have always longed for long, pretty fingernails. This falls under the category of "be careful what you wish for." Now that I am losing hand strength, my nails are growing like crazy. In fact, they had grown to a point where I could not wash my face -- even with the little blue friend -- without scratching myself. Unable to clip my nails, I called last night on my neighbor who came without hesitation and gave me a front porch manicure.

My cyber buddy, Scott Crawford, who is listed under the blogs I follow, has kindly posted a note about the upcoming race. He is really a darling. Thank you, Scott, for your support.

Well, that about wraps things up. In the spirit of telling people what they mean to me, let me tell you now I am grateful for all you. I am rich beyond measure because you are my friends.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter