THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


12.20.2009

Pall Lane

The snowplow made it to my street about 3:15 this afternoon, the most welcome sight I'd seen all day. Its arrival meant escape, freedom...I'd been worried I wouldn't be able to get to work tomorrow.

My street has three houses on one side and two on the other. It's short. But treacherous, as the driver learned. As he finished his first pass and moved away from the other end of the street, he got stuck. Attempt after attempt to get unstuck just dug him deeper in. My neighbors collected their shovels and made their way to rescue the poor man, whose discomfiture was apparent from the lurching back and forth of his vehicle. Happily he was able to extricate himself from his predicament without any assistance, much to his (and our) relief.

He made better plowing decisions after that and left us to dig out our driveways. Again.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter