THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


6.30.2010

Plunk plunk plunk

No, that is not the sound of anything unpleasant dropping into any porcelain bowls in my rooms of rest. Rather, it is the sound of me dropping additional dollars to adapt those porcelain bowls. Not content merely to sit, "go," and freshen, I must needs be able to stand on my own -- at least as much as I can for as long as I can. Consequently, today I purchased risers for my potties; 3 1/2 inches high, they will elevate the commodes sufficiently to allow me to stand more easily. The best part of all is the name: Toilevator. (I used to work with someone who did as little work as possible but had her head so far up the boss' ass she was considered indispensable. She was pretty full of shit, too. With a slight change of letters we can apply a similar word to her: toilevader.)

We even have a graphic today (aren't you glad I did not provide anything more graphic than my verbal account the other day?). As you see, the Toilevator is very simple in design and application, the perfect solution.


(Not my bathroom or my potty.)
(Yes, I added the arrow and the stars. This is a Very Exciting Graphic.)

Not cheap, but not INSANELY expensive. Just expensive. What was INSANELY expensive was the quote we got from the plumber. Fortunately, dear friend Tam knows a plumber who she is sure will give me a better price. Tomorrow is phone call day and he is on the list.

Plunk.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter