THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


12.06.2008

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

As I got dressed this morning, I was nervous and eager. Isn't that ridiculous? But I was.

When I got to the meeting place I was excited.

There were all the "team" members: Lynne, Tam, Nell, Cathie, Tiffany. And me.

We took off, the five of them running a good, strong pace while I stayed very conservative. No talking, no pushing. Just running the way I run. Now.

As I ran I thought of good things:
  • Muscles Lynne and Tam
  • Cold air
  • Legs that still run
  • Lungs that still breathe
  • Muscles that still propel
  • Cold air
  • Mittens
Ran the full course, about an hour long. Didn't feel tired at all, suffered no ill effects in the "procedure region." Decided that, in spite of it all, I am still a runner. Thank heaven.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter