THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


12.08.2008

Just sitting here, convulsing...

Wow. The middle finger on my right hand is convulsing and jumps around like a needle on very expensive medical equipment. I have to be cautious when typing because it strikes rapidly and firmly and without notice. I've said before, except for it being a condition of ALS, I think it's pretty cool.

But I do have some questions. Does this convulsive activity mean it's getting worse? Okay, it's always getting worse, but does it mean it's getting worse THIS MINUTE and after the jumping and crazy behavior stops, will I have lost more function? Should I be concerned about these attacks?

It has stopped, for the moment. Like a bratty child looking for attention, it was showing off until I looked at it. And no evidence of immediate loss of function.

Ya gotta love it when I ask AND ANSWER questions in one short post. Well, answered one question. It'll do.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter