THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


12.09.2008

Testing 123

Well, it was a nine point lead and now it's down to four. Oh well, at least the Wizards are playing better than they have been.

I'm testing my voice recognition software tonight. MacSpeech Dictate is what I'm using, seems to work quite well. Still working out a few bugs, but for the most part it's quite useful.

House update: I should be able to move furniture around downstairs this weekend. I'm meeting with the carpet people Thursday night, and hope to have it installed the Monday before Christmas. (Okay that last sentence worked really well.) I've never been so broke, but I've never liked my house more. I can't wait to curl up in my "serenity room," reading a book, listening to music, basking in the little tiny glow of my fake wood stove. :)

Jenny and "the Pouffe" stopped over this evening. Little Miss Stella was wearing her adorable new Mrs. Santa outfit -- talk about beauteous fair! Jenny came over to deliver the audio books I've reserved. When my office moves, my commute is going to be longer. So I decided to make use of the time and catch up on my "reading."

Wizards update: Juan Dixon just shot and put the Wizards at the century mark! They may win this game -- but they've got a long way to go to get to 500.

Anyway, the selection of audio books Jenny brought over really runs the gamut. I'll start things off tomorrow with a collection of stories from NPR's StoryCorps.

Okay, it's late. I'm done playing with this new software so I will sign off. Maybe next time I'll have something worthwhile to say!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter