THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


12.24.2008

Christmas Eve

9:49AM
Music blaring from my Mac. Coffee brewing. Everyone asleep except me and the animals. Today I am going to try to get the house in some semblance of order. The clock, she is ticking.

Just gulped down a tart and tangy glass of tomato juice laced (heavily) with lemon. Oh baby!

Next up: brownies. And maybe friendship bread.

Just called Kendall. She's going to her parents' tonight and is going to stop on the way. Yay!

10:34AM
Hmmm. The brownies are in the oven. I had a happy moment while stirring: I positioned the rubber spatula in my right hand (between the swollen, puffy fingers and the swollen, puffy top part of my hand) and STIRRED. Not for long, but it was fun for a few seconds.

I'm doubtful about the brownie outcome, however. I poured all the batter into the pan and put it in the oven, then realized I used a rectangular pan, not square. Wonder what will happen.

11:02AM
Well, they don't look awful, and they smell wonderful. Keep your fingers crossed.

Also, switched from iTunes to Pandora. It's time for Christmas music.

11:40
This is so cool. I'm listening to classical Christmas music, it's light and airy and fabulous. I looked out the window just now and the wind was picking up leaves, gently, randomly, here and there--it looked like a ballet. It was so beautiful.

2:40PM
Holy cow. What a flurry of activity. Andrew and Will and Josh moved all the furniture that is allowed downstairs. The Serenity Room is a thing of almost perfect beauty. Damon is working on hooking the tv up to the cable. Jenny is cleaning the downstairs bathroom and helping me sort through junk. And there is a TON of junk.

Lynne and Kendall are going to be here later to share a glass of wine.

Hmmm. It's a puzzlement. We have audio but no video. Damon is poring over the instructions. I am confident he will conquer the tv.

5:27PM
So far the TV seems to be winning. Poor Damon had to leave, but the war isn't over yet.

Lynne, Kendall, and I christened the Serenity Room. We opened a bottle of wine, turned on the fake stove, turned on the little Christmas tree, and sat and talked for about an hour. I think it was a nice break for Kendall as she makes her way to her parents'.

C Claire and I moved some boxes and a few pieces of furniture upstairs. I can't do more without more help so I'm taking a break. Can you guess where?

In just a few, it'll be back to the kitchen. I cannot believe it's Christmas.

I wish you all a peaceful and happy and wonderful holiday. My love to you all.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter