THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


12.16.2008

Clinic tomorrow

So. Just popped my meds and will go to bed after I post this entry. Need to be out of here by 5:30 so I can work a bit before I go to the clinic.

It should be a short visit, because I am still progressing slowly. I'll try and see the pulmonologist early -- that will help me get out early.

Yep, still slow. I felt slow on Sunday at the support group Christmas party. Let me think -- I believe there were five or six people in wheelchairs. Four of us were ambulatory, but only two -- Larry and I -- were minimally affected. Susan W. was there; her husband, Tony, died some months ago after a four year battle with ALS. So I'm thinking to myself, did his four years commence with his first symptom? Or his diagnosis? Because if it's from the first symptom, I'm two years into it.

Have I mentioned the thread on the PLM website that discusses whether or not the disease just stops? There's so much debate among the patients, but the importance of a positive attitude is paramount. I've said before that I latched onto Matt's suggestion that I will be one of the 5% that lives for a long time. I simply won't accept any other possibility. So there.

Well, this was just more of the same. I know it's repetitive, but I derive quite a bit of comfort when I shine a spotlight on the slowness. Thanks for putting up with me.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter