THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.06.2009

How weird

Still sick. Just thought I would give you an update.

There were three voice messages on my phone tonight. One, I knew, had to do with the delivery of my new washing machine; the other two were mysteries. People rarely leave messages because I rarely listen -- I am more inclined to return a missed call. Anyway, since a message about the delivery of my washing machine is listen-worthy, I gave my voicemail a ring.

The first message was a total shock. I have not heard from this individual for more than a year -- the last time was when I was in New York City for the 2008 Marathon. At that time, he left me a message saying he had come to New York and wanted to see me, to support me at the race, I should call him at his hotel. I did not call, I deleted the message. This guy is one of those "negative energy" relationships I purged last year. Knowing that any conversation with him would be unsettling, I pressed "7" and deleted the message.

The other two messages were unremarkable; my washer will be delivered between 130 and 330 tomorrow afternoon.

It has also been more than a year since I received a communication from my brother. I suspect he is living comfortably with all his rationalizations.

I'm tired. Time for bed.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter