THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.27.2009

Sparkly Friday

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving day; mine was spent at Becky's where I was very comfortable. All my daughters have become such lovely women and it is a joy to watch them.

Louise did not interfere too much, largely due to the fact that everyone took very good care of me. The only glitch was when I had to use the restroom; after washing my hands I was not able to turn the door knob because my hands were slippery. Fortunately Jenny had kept an eye on my progress and came to the rescue.

And today--what an incredibly beautiful morning. After yesterday's fog and rain and overall dreariness, this morning was a sparkling, bright diamond. The air was crisp and clean and a delight to breathe, the perfect conditions for a walk at Pratt Park.

Items of note:
The crazy old man pulled in just after I did but I never encountered him at all--what a relief.
I realized during the second lap that a visit to the restroom was in order and I made it in time.
I met two runners going the opposite direction and remembered how it felt to run and talk at the same time.
And, while it was not pretty or for any long duration, I ran, too. I got tired quickly but, after a rest, I did it again. Another one of the park regulars stopped me and asked how I was getting along and I told him I was trying to run while I could. He told me he couldn't run and that he missed it; I told him I didn't want to miss it quite yet and went on my way.

It occurs to me I have not written about running in a long time. Shame on me. With this fine weather I am going to make sure I take advantage of every opportunity.

Another thanksgiving day, yes?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter