THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


11.24.2009

This and that

Bumper sticker sighting: "Evolution is Science Fiction" side-by-side with "Veterans for McDonnell". Yep, I know what you're thinking.

*************

The biryani turned out moderately well. I would give it a 2.5 out of 5 for presentation, and a 5 out of 5 for taste. I seem to be the only one at home who enjoys it -- that just means that much more for me.

*************

It's been a good week and odd days for Miss C. Last night there was a hint of irritation evident when I asked her for some help; I told a friend it was like a light bulb went off and a punch in the stomach at the same time. I really hate that Louise is part of Cecilia's life and I want to minimize the impact as much as I can. Sweet Jenny has offered to be more available in the evening to help help. I hate that she is impacted by this as well but she is older and is better able to manage and cope.

*************

A long time friend and running buddy has offered me a stair lift that her mother used. I don't quite need it yet but, trying to be proactive, I am arranging to have it installed. The husband of one of my muscles is going to do the heavy lifting. I am very, very, VERY fortunate to have such amazing friends.

I don't know exactly what it looks like, but this will give you an idea:

Oy fucking vey. Would you ever have thought it?

*************

This past Saturday I went for a 3.3 mile walk. I am a total machine. The cold weather was a gift but it did bother my hands -- I'm going to have to get some mittens that are easy to put on.

*************

I'm very much looking forward to Thanksgiving at Becky's. She always manages to host a lovely dinner for any number of people; the count last year was, I believe, 18! We are down to a very modest 10 this year.

*************

I'm sure everyone remembers how I went on about a zebra chaise lounge
for the serenity room. As such a luxurious piece of furniture is out of my price range, I have (quite happily) settled in with a cozy leather loveseat and chair (gotten from the aforementioned muscle). The zebra, however, has not been forgotten. In keeping with my budget I have purchased a delightful new piece of lingerie, to be known as the zee-bra. Alas, there is no graphic. But imagine, if you can, yours truly lounging contentedly in the serenity room dressed in such finery. Yes, it is dizzying, isn't it?

*************

That is all I have for now. Happy Thanksgiving, my sweets.

1 comment:

Mykljak said...

Seems like a serenity room should be a bra-free zone. I never wear one in mine.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter