THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.18.2010

Random act of kindness

Gaining entrance to my office has become a bit troublesome because the door is so heavy. I can still manage it, but only by using  a shoulder or a foot  to hold the door in place as I waddle through.

Today I got off the elevator and turned toward my office, swiped my key card, punched in my code, and was just turning to open the door when I saw an arm reaching for the door handle. The arm was attached to one of the nicest young men I have the honor to call a friend. Isaac works across the hall at the Institute for Justice and had silently crept up behind me, surprising and delighting me by opening the door.

He's a good guy.

1 comment:

Wendy Leah said...

Yes he is. I'm glad there are still nice people in the world.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter