THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


2.17.2010

Verrrrrrrrry questionable humor





"Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" was one of a handful of movies that scared the h-e-double toothpicks out of me when I was a kid.  Jenny and I were looking up old Bette Davis movies and found this little gem.  I remembered every word of "I've Written a Letter to Daddy" (I think because my own father was not a part of my life and I was young enough and already drama-queeny enough to find the song meaningful, even though my father was merely absent, not romantically dead) and SANG the damn song to Jenny!  Talk about scary!

Bette Davis was one gutsy broad to play this role.

(Found this link to an even better iteration of the first video!)

When I saw the picture below,  I  saw what might have been my future. 
Louise may have her good points.  That said, I could have worked those leggings...

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter