THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.14.2010

One of my pet peeves


When I read this strip, it reminded me of my experience at the Burger King drive-through several years ago when I was ordering a healthy and nutritious dinner for my children. I asked for a small drink and was told they didn't have small, only medium and large. Rather than accept this ridiculous labeling of sizes, I asked how it was possible to have a medium if there was no small; the little electronic voice simply repeated there was no small, only medium and large. I asked if the medium was the smallest they had, the electronic voice responded yes. Smiling triumphantly, I said I would have the smallest drink. The electronic voice then confirmed my order, adding at the end, "one medium drink."

Sigh.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter