THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


8.07.2010

Whole lotta somethin' goin' on

At the point where (I perceive) my throat, the back of my tongue, and my right ear meet, it starts. A sensation, not quite a tickle, almost like a silent buzz, the merest pinprick, alerts me and gives me two or three seconds to prepare. I grab my ever present WFH and bring it to my face just in time for the first cough, the first of several, after which -- having coughed every last breath out of my body -- I yawn, then gag; the back of my tongue positions itself in such a way that it creates a suction and attempts to draw out all that is vile from that region, which I am forced to try to expel in a very unladylike manner. Eyes and nose, not content to sit idly by, join in the fun by watering and running, respectively. More WsFH join the fray. Thank heaven I have an abundance of these as the unpleasantness described above occurred a number of times the past few days.

Bleah.

I don't think it is (yuck) saliva, it may be (more yuck) a drip so I am taking a decongestant. If it IS (yuck) saliva, I wonder if additional amitriptyline is warranted. Time for another phone call to the clinic.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter