THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.27.2010

10/27/10

  I am composing this while all alone in the house. I don't want anyone to hear what I'm saying and I will not publish this entry until later...

I've been aware for several weeks that my swallowing is different. No, not when I drink. When I eat. This morning I choked on a tiny piece of sausage; I was not able to speak and it took several very long seconds before I could inhale. I know it scared Jenny and I did not tell her what it was that made me choke. She asked if it was saliva and I said yes. I took smaller bites after that but was conscious of several potential chokers  that were not swallowed properly.

When John fed me lunch I did not choke, but I was aware of continued problematic swallowing.

I must take care.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter