THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.09.2010

Such a nice day

A lovely young woman visited me today. Meghan is beautiful, intelligent, grounded, successful, and independent. It's been a year or so since we last met, in the deli near our office building. We knew each other through a mutual friend and occasionally ran together in the early morning before work. She contacted me via Facebook and we arranged today's visit.

Imagine my surprise and delight when she arrived with these beautiful tulips in hand! Now I can  go tiptoeing through them!


Our conversation today ran the gamut but one subject deserves a mention: one should always be mindful of the gifts that are offered to us every day, too often overlooked. Meghan, you are a gift. Thank you.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter