THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


10.04.2010

She drives so crazy...

It is not wise to let someone who suffers from emotional lability -- in this case, maniacal laughing -- behind the joystick of a power wheelchair.   My poor, dear Adam was almost flattened when I  rolled into him as we went for a post-dinner walk. I was laughing so hard I could not take my fingers from the joystick; the harder I laughed, the faster I went. He actually had to pry my fingers away so that I would stop. I don't remember what was so funny, but I reacted in my typical immoderate fashion.

My new custom power wheelchair better come equipped with a cow-pusher.

In fact, the controls on the loaner chair are just a wee bit too close and my very swollen fingers get stuck all the time. It is to be hoped the new chair will have a different design.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter